Monday 11 March 2013

Why is it the one thing I'm good at is the worst thing for me?

One of my downfalls is my sweet tooth.  And that I am really good at baking.  Like really, REALLY good.

My sister called on the weekend to make plans for her 25th wedding anniversary this summer.  She asked me to bake the cake (actually, after long discussion we decided on cupcakes instead) because her son has a severe food allergy and she doesn't trust commercial bakery items.

I am more than happy to do this for her.  But I am a little scared.  No, VERY scared.

So far I have been able to avoid sweet temptations.  I do not have any in the house, however on the one occasion in these past two months that I went to a dinner where dessert was served, I had not just the pie but ice cream on top too.

Now do you see the problem?

Furthermore, when I bake something I like to taste test for quality control, especially when I use a recipe I've never used before.  It would be awful to bake cupcakes for 60 people and not have them taste good.  Right?  RIGHT?!  (I'm so good at using logic to justify why I'm overweight)

Anyway, obviously this is something I will need to work out.  I do have to say that when I had that dessert at dinner a couple of weeks ago, I was not tempted to have it again the next day which is usually what happens (when I fall off the wagon, I fall off HARD).  So that's a small victory, right?  I just need to keep my head in this weight loss game and remind myself that reaching my goal is much more important than giving in to old habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment